- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Product code: 101
We focus on safety and all the fundamentals you'll need to know to avoid having epics out on the river. But these courses are also about having a bucket load of fun, learning new paddle strokes, learning how to look after your gear and the sort of things you'll need to take. Perhaps most important of all, it's a chance to meet other packrafters to join your crew!
These are very hands on courses with even the theory stuff being talked about in the field. The river will be our classroom for these courses.
What you can expect to cover:
- Introduction to all your gear, how to store it and look after it
- The anatomy of the river, different river features and hydrology
- Basic paddling techniques and strokes
- Introduction to hazards
- Self rescue and the basics of helping others
Upon completion of this course, you will also qualify for discounted rental gear from Packrafting Queenstown.