Packrafitng 101 with Rescue 3.
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Product code: 101 & WRT
If you only do one packrafting course this summer, make it this one. We aim not only to make you a good pack rafter, but also a good person to go packrafting with.
We've teamed up with Rescue 3 International to deliver this course. Rescue 3 are by far the most reputable rescue course provider in the world and the certificate you will receive is recognised internationally. We believe that this makes the course the best value packrafting course in NZ.
What you can expect to cover:
- The anatomy of the river and hydrology
- The different risks and hazards associated with river environments
- Personal, group and technical equipment
- Different paddle strokes
- Stopping on the river
- Crossing the current
- River running considerations
- Communications, incident management an medical conditions
- Whitewater swimming, shallow water techniques and throw bagging
- Searching rivers
- Knots and anchor systems
- tensioning systems and mechanical advantage
- Tethered rescues
- Line crossing methods
- Zip Lines
- Boat pins and wraps
- casualty management